The folks at MyVegas have found a way to create Apps for IOS (Apple) Android and Kindle Mobile Devices that allow us to play MyVegas BlackJack on the road !!!
The Apps play MyVegas BlackJack as a separate game. (Regardless of the Level you’ve reached on your computer version, or on the MyVegas Mobile App… you start MyVegas BlackJack at Level 1.)
But… (and this is REALLY important) …when you link the App to your Facebook account… (which you HAVE to do, to redeem Loyalty Points) …your LP total will update, and track them all together. Please do this RIGHT AWAY… because otherwise, if you have a problem, you will lose your progress, and any points associated with that progress.
BlackJack (aka “21”)
The objective of the game is to beat the dealer, by getting a card total that is higher than the dealer’s total, without going over 21 points.
To begin, you are dealt two cards, which is your “hand”. They are dealt face up, so you can see their value.
The value of the cards are counted as follows: Ace = 1 or 11, Face Cards = 10, Number Cards = Face Value. Card suits have no bearing on value.
So, for example: a 10 and a 5 total 15. An Ace and a 6 can be counted as 7 or 17.
Getting a total value of 21 in two cards is BlackJack, and wins automatically, paying out 3 to 2.
The dealer is also dealt two cards, but one is face down.
Once the cards are dealt, you choose whether you would like to “hit” (take another card) or “stand” (refuse any further cards).
If the cards in your hand total a number higher than the dealer’s cards, without going over 21, you win (And double your bet).
If your hand or the dealer’s hand goes over 21 you “Bust”. When you bust, you lose your bet. If the dealer busts, and you do not, you win.
If your hand and the dealer’s hand have the same value, it is a “push”, and you get to keep your wager.
You must choose what you would like to do, first, before the dealer flips his second card over.
- Dealer MUST take a card if his hand has a total card value of 16 (or lower)
- Dealer MUST stand on 18 (or higher)
- Dealer MUST always hit on 17, if his hand includes an Ace (This is called a Soft 17)
- DOUBLE DOWN – If, once you see your cards, you like what you see, you can DOUBLE DOWN… which means you double your bet, and take only one more card.
- SPLIT – When your cards are dealt, if they have the same numeric value, you can split them into two separate hands, each hand having the amount of your initial bet, placed on it. Each hand is played independently of the other.
- INSURANCE – If the dealer has an Ace showing, you will be offered “insurance”, which is a side bet for half the value of your original bet. If you accept insurance, you are betting that the dealer has a card which gives them BlackJack. In that case, you get paid 2 to 1 on the insurance bet, which offsets the loss of your original bet.
Other Game Options:
- SINGLE DECK – Played with a single deck of 52 cards.
- MULTI-DECK – Played with multiple 52 deck cards.
- PROGRESSIVE – A bonus that is given upon a particular instance of cards coming up. (in MyVegas BlackJack, one such bonus is 4 Aces of the same suit coming up in a single hand.)
- SEATS – As play progresses, you can play and make bets from one to three seats.
- BOLD PLAY – Seems to be a “stupidity” bonus. If you bet against your best BlackJack sense, and it pays off, your “Bold Play” bonus meter goes up incrementally.
- COLLECTIONS – Character Cards (separate from game play) that are collected to achieve and unlock other Game Options, Challenges and BlackJack Rooms.
- MySTRIP – Challenges (again separate from game play) that earn Bonus Loyalty Points and Chips. Examples of Challenges include ‘Win 35K Chips’, ‘Get dealt 3 BlackJacks’, ‘Win 35 Hands, betting 15K or higher’… and so on.